1. The process server will first reach out to the witness’s family, friends, or known acquaintances to locate them.
2. The process server may also try to locate the witness through their employer if their employer is known.
3. Another way a process server may locate a witness is by searching social media platforms and other public records for contact information or clues about their whereabouts.
4. The process server may also try to locate the witness through reverse directory searches or other people’s search tools.
5. If the process server is unable to locate the witness using any of the above methods, they may resort to staking out the witness’s last known address or place of employment in the hopes of spotting them.
6. The process server may also go through the witness’s trash to locate clues about their whereabouts or find any discarded mail that could contain their current address.
7. Process servers may also try to locate witnesses by running a license plate search if they have the witness’s vehicle information.
8. Another way process servers locate people is by checking for change of address forms filed with the post office or other government agencies.
9. Process servers may also work with private investigators to locate a witness who cannot be found using traditional methods.
10. In some cases, process servers may resort to asking local law enforcement for assistance in locating a witness if all other methods have failed.
These are just a few of the many methods that process servers use to locate witnesses with a court order. If you are having trouble locating a witness, it is best to reach out to a professional process server for assistance.
The foregoing article has simply been presented for informational purposes only. He or those at Lafayette Process Servers LLC, are not attorneys. Process serving laws and rules of civil procedure are different from state to state. If you seek further information about this topic, please make sure to contact an attorney in your local area
Serving all metropolitan Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Hammond, Slidell areas
You can visit us at