These are the options you will be offered when you click “Upload Forms”
- Standard service – $95 (per address) includes 3 attempts, first attempt being within 3-5 days, and an affidavit (not notarized)
- Rush service- $160 (per address)- includes 3 attempts, first attempt being same or next day, and with affidavit (not notarized).
- Standard service- for Serve Now/NAPPS members – $75 (per address) includes 3 attempts, first attempt being within 3-5 days with an affidavit (not notarized). You must be a member, if not a member, your order will be canceled
- Rush service for Serve Now/NAPPS members – $140(per address) first attempt being same or next day with affidavit (not notarized) You must be a member for this option. If not a member, your order will be cancelled.
- Skip Tracing – $150 In Connection to a Legal Proceeding for service of process. Must upload and have signed Company letterhead stating it’s in connection for a service of process in a legal Proceeding.
- Standard service – $100 (per address) includes 3 attempts, first attempt being within 3-5 days, and a notarized affidavit.
- Rush service- $165 (per address)- includes 3 attempts, first attempt being same or next day, and with a notarized affidavit.
- Standard service- for Serve Now/NAPPS members – $80 (per address) includes 3 attempts, first attempt being within 3-5 days with a notarized affidavit. You must be a member, if not a member, your order will be canceled.
- Rush service for Serve Now/NAPPS members- $145 (per address) includes 3 attempts first attempt being within 3-5 days, and a notarized affidavit. You must be a member for this option. If not a member your order will be cancelled
- 4 hour observation of property in order to execute a process service at an address – $380
After choosing the service type you can easily input the required information about the case and upload the papers to be served. Next, you must agree to the terms of service, so you can finalize your order. When the process service has been completed, you will receive an “Affidavit of Service” that is your legal proof that the documents were served. To provide an even greater level of proof, should service ever become contested, all of our process servers wear body cameras that shoot a video of the papers being served.
Examples of Documents That Require a Process Server?
- Small Claims Papers
- Eviction Notices
- Orders To Show Cause
Is There More Than One Kind of Service?
Different types of legal matters and documents can often have varying service requirements. Most documents for civil legal actions can be either personally served or served with “domiciliary service.” Domiciliary service is when the documents are left at the residence of the person being served, or with a person of suitable age and discretion that resides there. Service cannot be made on a child or a person that doesn’t live in that household. Service can be made at a person’s place of business by serving an employee of that office. There are special rules in Louisiana for serving corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other types of businesses. Additionally, there are special rules that apply to some types of actions or documents. Attorneys and unrepresented litigants depend on their process server to ensure that service is valid. That’s why it’s important to hire the most experienced and reputable process server. Claims of improper service can delay, prejudice or destroy your case, that’s why it’s never a good idea to cut corners on serving papers properly.
Why Is Proper Service So Important?
The Constitution of the United States requires that every person in the country has the right to due process of law. One of the most important components of due process is the right to be properly informed of any criminal or civil actions. That’s why cases can be thrown out of court and judgments can be vacated if a defendant can show that service of documents was improper. States laws can vary, but they all meet the basic requirements of due process and service must be carried out in each state adhering to that state’s laws. Lafayette Process Servers has been taking this responsibility seriously for over 17 years, ensuring that each and every document is properly served.
The Future of Process Service
We are proud to offer process service with webcams for many reasons. In addition to providing an extra layer of proof of valid service, it also helps protect our process servers’ safety. In some cases the webcam video can be admissible in a legal matter to show the defendant’s demeanor when being served. There have been cases that turned on this evidence of violent propensities when a process server was attacked by the person that was being served. This is one of the many ways Lafayette Process Servers go the extra mile for our customers. We are always on the cutting edge, constantly seeking developments in our profession that will benefit our customers. Please feel free to call us to discuss your order so that we can answer your questions and address your concerns.
What Areas Does Lafayette Process Servers Cover?
We can handle process service in any part of Louisiana, but most of our work is in the following parishes:
Lake Charles, Jennings, Crowley, Lafayette, Abbeville, Franklin, Morgan City, Opelousas, St. Martinsville, Marksville, New Roads, Port Allen, Plaquemine , Prairieville, Gonzales, Kinder, VillePlatte, New Iberia, Houma, Thibodeaux, Hammond
Do You Have Papers To Serve?
If you have papers to serve, there’s no reason to look any further. You can just upload your papers and they’ll be on their way to being served. You can also fax, mail, or hand deliver the papers to us.
Have your papers served today!
Have Your Papers Served Today
We are waiting to hear from you.
If you are interested in hiring us for any of our services and have further questions please feel free to fill out the form below and we will get in contact with your shortly.