If you are frustrated by your children’s co-parent who is not fulfilling his or her parental duties financially, there are only so many things you can do. Even if he or she is not involved in the day-to-day lives of your common children, the co-parent is obligated to assist you in paying for their basic needs, such as housing, clothing, food, medicine, healthcare, and, in some cases, tuition. Usually, the only way to ensure consistent payment is to bring the other parent to court to get judge-ordered child support. Oftentimes, he or she will still refuse to pay, and this means that a percentage of his or her income or government benefits will be attached and forwarded to the state. These funds will then be redistributed to you to aid you in caring for your children.

This is the perfect solution, unless the co-parent cannot be found to serve the summons and complaint on. Even substituted service will not work out if you have no idea where any of his or her relatives live, who his or her good friends are, or where he or she is employed.

Jane Doe., of Carencro, knows all too well how the child support works in this state. Her ex-husband left Louisiana with another woman and she had no idea where to serve the court papers. The court and child support enforcement services are only allowed to do so much as far as investigative work, and her pending case was at a standstill.

“It was beyond frustrating,” she painfully recalled, “He divorced me, but not his sons and daughter. He had a hand in creating these children, and he has a responsibility to them. Basically, I’m told that the court can order child support in his absence, but if he can’t be found, there isn’t much they can do to enforce it through wage garnishment.”

That is the story of many single parents, however, Scott and his team at Lafayette Process Servers can easily find pretty much any individual with some preliminary information and through research. He will locate almost anyone that believes they are hiding, even if that person is living off the grid. Skip tracing, as this analytical skill is commonly called, is certainly necessary these days in order to serve anyone, anywhere, and that is why Scott and company have been thoroughly trained in such techniques.

If this is happening to you, consider hiring Lafayette Process Servers as your process serving company. They will assist you by employing these advanced skip tracing techniques to locate an underground parent. This includes using Social Security numbers, dates of birth, and any other important information you can provide. Scott will search public databases, such as civil and criminal court, police, and DMV records, and private databases, like those of utility companies and internet and cell phone providers, to find out where he or she is staying, working, going to school, or socializing.

In Louisiana, non-custodial parents know that they are legally required to support their biological or adopted children, regardless of almost all circumstances and excuses. They also know that if there is an order against them, and payment still isn’t made, there are severe consequences. These penalties include driver’s license suspension, the loss of state-issued professional licenses, and even jail time. They know they have a lot to lose and feel hiding is a viable option. Regardless, we have the means to locate and serve them so your children can receive the support that they deserve and are entitled to.

Are you tired of attempting to serve your children’s missing parent and reaching yet another dead end? Call Lafayette Process Servers LLC today and we will work hard to have your court papers served on their intended recipient.

These services that are only used for a legal process service involving a court proceeding. Lafayette Process Servers LLC does not employ these services except in conjunction with legal necessity. We suggest to always consult with an experienced family law attorney .

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This